Today started off ok and then by the end of the day I was thinking....SERIOUSLY!!! I tried to reset the breaker on my room power but hat didn't work.
The kids weren't too happy when I told them we couldn't do anything until rooms were picked up (since some didn't quite get the memo on a clean room before the vacation), then daily chores. Then they got a quick break to play some Sonic. Then lunch and we put away all of Christmas. I was sad though because I couldn't find my winter box with all my snowman stuff. Where did it go?
The boys decided to stay home while Mom took the girls to run and get a few groceries. We got just a few things and on our way home there was a huge giant moon out. It was beautiful but we couldn't get a good picture with our phones. It was lighting up the sky. We got home and I started dinner.
We were all so excited because it was broccoli cheese soup. I started it and ran to the bathroom then forgot to check on it. Of course it started to smell and I burnt the soup. So we had chili dogs instead but the kids were ok because they like that too.
I tried my power again in my room and noticed the lights in the freezer weren't working in the garage. Well guess what...the power was out in the garage too (plugs only) and all the food including: chicken wings, 2 packs of sausage, 4 packs of bacon, large turkey, hamburger cow meat, 3 tilapias packs, 3 ducks, pork tenderloin ($50 big one), 2 blocks of cheese, 2 sandwich meat packs, 2 packs of tortillas, 25 apples, 2 packs of steaks, 4 packs of pork chops, 2 veggie packs, tator togs, french fries, whole milk gallon, and greek yogurt (big pack). It was probably over $300 worth of food put into 4 bags and it was all ruined.
Then I was already feeling like today was crazy so I thought lets get everything inside. So I did this after I got the boys into bed. They went to bed a little late but went right to sleep. We got everything inside and then the living room looked like a bomb went off. I was putting Isabella's kennel together and realized I may have thrown away the front piece that closes the kennel. I was positive I put it in Trigger's kennel when I was layering them together to save space. So I called my Mom and sure enough their garbage day was today and it was gone. At least we can still use it and put her against a wall. She is small enough she can't push it to get out.
As I finally sat down I couldn't find my work bag and it was just under my feet or my computer bag and it was sitting right next to me. Maybe I needed a bath but I decided after getting the girls in bed to watch "Where the Heart Is". This is one of my favorite shows.
I was feeling like the day is just about over and I got a message from my Mom that President Monson had passed away. He was such an example of love and Christlike characteristics. He will be missed but I know that his reunion with his sweetheart was a happy one. One of my kids favorite things is how much he loved everyone and would wave to everyone as he walked out of every General Conference session. We always watched until we saw him leave. You will be missed!!
The kids weren't too happy when I told them we couldn't do anything until rooms were picked up (since some didn't quite get the memo on a clean room before the vacation), then daily chores. Then they got a quick break to play some Sonic. Then lunch and we put away all of Christmas. I was sad though because I couldn't find my winter box with all my snowman stuff. Where did it go?
The boys decided to stay home while Mom took the girls to run and get a few groceries. We got just a few things and on our way home there was a huge giant moon out. It was beautiful but we couldn't get a good picture with our phones. It was lighting up the sky. We got home and I started dinner.
We were all so excited because it was broccoli cheese soup. I started it and ran to the bathroom then forgot to check on it. Of course it started to smell and I burnt the soup. So we had chili dogs instead but the kids were ok because they like that too.
I tried my power again in my room and noticed the lights in the freezer weren't working in the garage. Well guess what...the power was out in the garage too (plugs only) and all the food including: chicken wings, 2 packs of sausage, 4 packs of bacon, large turkey, hamburger cow meat, 3 tilapias packs, 3 ducks, pork tenderloin ($50 big one), 2 blocks of cheese, 2 sandwich meat packs, 2 packs of tortillas, 25 apples, 2 packs of steaks, 4 packs of pork chops, 2 veggie packs, tator togs, french fries, whole milk gallon, and greek yogurt (big pack). It was probably over $300 worth of food put into 4 bags and it was all ruined.
Then I was already feeling like today was crazy so I thought lets get everything inside. So I did this after I got the boys into bed. They went to bed a little late but went right to sleep. We got everything inside and then the living room looked like a bomb went off. I was putting Isabella's kennel together and realized I may have thrown away the front piece that closes the kennel. I was positive I put it in Trigger's kennel when I was layering them together to save space. So I called my Mom and sure enough their garbage day was today and it was gone. At least we can still use it and put her against a wall. She is small enough she can't push it to get out.
As I finally sat down I couldn't find my work bag and it was just under my feet or my computer bag and it was sitting right next to me. Maybe I needed a bath but I decided after getting the girls in bed to watch "Where the Heart Is". This is one of my favorite shows.
I was feeling like the day is just about over and I got a message from my Mom that President Monson had passed away. He was such an example of love and Christlike characteristics. He will be missed but I know that his reunion with his sweetheart was a happy one. One of my kids favorite things is how much he loved everyone and would wave to everyone as he walked out of every General Conference session. We always watched until we saw him leave. You will be missed!!
Comments
Post a Comment