Skip to main content

Snow, Snow & more Snow!!!

When we woke up this morning the snow was gone. It rained all night long and melted all the snow. So bring the smart Mom I am, I sent my kids to school in pajamas and tennis shoes instead of snow boots. They have been wearing their boots to school for over a week. Little did I know it would be a crazy snow storm while I was at work.

For the younger kids it was Polar Express Day for the elementary school. They had hot chocolate and watched the movie! Then the bus driver gave the kids candy canes after school today.

I was busy at work for a teacher record day to finish up some assessments and documentation that was due today.

By the time I got home there was 5 inches on the ground.

We did get to talk to Dad today. He made it to Japan and we were able to FaceTime with him and see his new place. It was so good to hear from him!!

Then we had to go out for Kaitlyn's orthodontist appointment. She got her expander put on.
 

After that the kids got their rooms ready and all packed up and then we headed over to Tati & Tajah's house. We just had one problem. The snow was so crazy that we decided to drive Dad's truck instead and the doors were frozen shut. There was like 5 inches all over his truck. We cleaned it off and headed on our way. It took 30 minutes just to get on the road.

I dropped off the kids and asked Rachelle if it was okay to run to the doctor to make sure I wasn't getting Bronchitis. Sure enough the ran a test and of course....I have strep throat. Really the timing is horrible!! So I ran to Walmart and got some medicine and then ran back over to Rachelle's house (trying not to breathe on anyone). She was okay for me to stay. We chatted for a while and then Staci & I headed home.

When we got home the driveway was covered in snow. I tried to do a little but then Staci made me come inside and she finished the whole thing. What an awesome daughter!! She kept saying, "Mom just let me do it you shouldn't even be out here right now."

We got into pajamas and watched  a Hallmark Christmas movie, The Holiday Engagement. I feel asleep wile she watched the whole thing. Even though I am sick it was fun having a night with just Staci. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning to Hula

Today was a big day for Kaitlyn. We registered her for Kindergarten. It didn't quite go as planned for Mom though. We all got up early with Staci and took her to school. Then we got in line for the registration. Mom was feeling pretty good because we were like 12th one there. But as we waited for 45 minutes and got up to the front of the line they wouldn't put Kaitlyn's name on the list because we didn't have prove of our address. Mom wasn't aware that we needed it since we already have one child at the school and they should have this on file. They said they could give her the paperwork but that she couldn't be added to the list until they can verify where we live. Mom had to go home. She was furious and hoped that we could still get Kaitlyn into this school. Here in Pocatello they have open enrollment so you can take your kids where ever you want. This doesn't make any sense why it matters where you live then anyways but Mom hurried as quickly as she could...

Monster Trucks

This morning the kids all slept in but we had to get them going since today was going to be a busy day. We made pancakes & eggs for breakfast. After we ate it was time for Staci to say good bye to Cami & take her home. They had a fun sleepover although Staci has been one onwry girl every since. So it will be a few weeks before she can have another sleep over, that is for sure. We left to go and get Dad's new toy, a new BBQ grill. We got it at Costco for a little more money than Mom had originally thought when Dad started searching a few months ago. But this grill has everything; an oven, ice box, a searing station, griddle and more. It is everything Dad wants in a BBQ. But now Dad can do all the big cooking outside and not use up the kitchen for the big dinners that he puts on for people. Dad is a great cook and Mom's know this will get plenty of use. Well we got home and then had to get Xander changed to be ready for his big game. It was his first t-ball game today and...