We were all up this morning with chores done and all to go to our summer movie. We even were able to rip out another bush from the front yard before leaving.
Paul was able to join us this morning, which the kids were so excited about. I was actually able to sit and watch the movie. Brayden just went back & forth from me to his Dad. We watched Mr. Popper's Penguins. I wasn't sure I would like it but it actually was pretty cute and the kids just loved it!
When we got home we had promised the kids that we would take them to ride their bikes at the middle school. Staci was for sure that she would get it today. After only one time of going around she was riding all by herself. She was so excited and had the biggest smile on her face. Now she just needs to figure out how to start by herself. She gets so frustrated with herself. Xander had his training wheels moved up and is trying to balance in the middle of his bike. He just may get it before Kaitlyn.
Then the kids helped their Dad while I ran to get a few things for the block party later. We were hosting a block party with the Labrum's down the street. I made some cheese fritters and Paul cooked up some brownies in the dutch oven. Paul didn't get to stay very long though. There was a kids leaving for bootcamp in a week and today was his farewell BBQ that his mother invited him to. He said he would be quick and just make an appearance. While he was gone I tried to BBQ our chicken and forgot about one piece. It cooked for almost an hour and was very crispy. When Paul got back I teased him that I made one special just for him. The kids had fun playing with the neighbors kids. We only had 5 families show up; but it was still good getting to know them all.
Paul was able to join us this morning, which the kids were so excited about. I was actually able to sit and watch the movie. Brayden just went back & forth from me to his Dad. We watched Mr. Popper's Penguins. I wasn't sure I would like it but it actually was pretty cute and the kids just loved it!
When we got home we had promised the kids that we would take them to ride their bikes at the middle school. Staci was for sure that she would get it today. After only one time of going around she was riding all by herself. She was so excited and had the biggest smile on her face. Now she just needs to figure out how to start by herself. She gets so frustrated with herself. Xander had his training wheels moved up and is trying to balance in the middle of his bike. He just may get it before Kaitlyn.
Then the kids helped their Dad while I ran to get a few things for the block party later. We were hosting a block party with the Labrum's down the street. I made some cheese fritters and Paul cooked up some brownies in the dutch oven. Paul didn't get to stay very long though. There was a kids leaving for bootcamp in a week and today was his farewell BBQ that his mother invited him to. He said he would be quick and just make an appearance. While he was gone I tried to BBQ our chicken and forgot about one piece. It cooked for almost an hour and was very crispy. When Paul got back I teased him that I made one special just for him. The kids had fun playing with the neighbors kids. We only had 5 families show up; but it was still good getting to know them all.
Comments
Post a Comment